This is just a reminder of who we are: The Sequim Picklers, the GOOD GUYS! We are always kind, considerate, friendly, helpful, polite, honest, and fun-loving players.
1. We forgive other players shortcomings and hope they forgive ours.
2. We welcome guests and new players with a smile.
3. We are helpful to other players, offer occasional advice, and allow them to learn from their mistakes without undue input from us.
4. We never berate other players or remind them of their faults (we have enough of our own).
5. We call ins and outs as we see them, but when in doubt always favor the opposing team, with the hope they will do the same for you. Since all four players on a court see the lines and ins and outs from a different perspective, the player closest to the ball should make the call and the rest of us should respect that call. If that player wants input from his partner, he will ask for it. (Humorous grumbling and bad eyesight comments allowed!)
6. We respect the order of play. If we are next up to play and choose to rest, we may allow the person behind us to take our place OR we may go to the end of the lineup, but will not otherwise scramble the order of play or jump in front of the next person in the lineup.
7. Boy games and girl games are encouraged at any time that the group is not having scheduled play, but not at group play times.
8. We allow our partner to play half of the court.
9. We do not purposely hit another person with the ball, but accidents happen. If that should occur, we apologize profusely and know that we are bound to be the recipient of the next accident….
10. We play with both newbies and old salts alike, without complaint. (We were newbies once and all of us still have plenty of room for improvement!)
11. We do not change the “Sequim rules” just because they don’t suit us at the moment; the group set them for a reason.
12. Kindly do not spit on the courts; good manners are expected at all times.
13. Foul language, rude comments and tantrums are saved for sharing away from the courts. Remember that you are a Sequim Pickler. Also, remember that this is city property and we can be asked to leave for any infraction known or perceived.
14. We love pickleball and WE HAVE FUN!!!
These reminders are not directed at any individual, but if the shoe pinches, you might wish to reconsider certain behaviors. If you disagree with any of the above, please be prepared for group discussion and decision.